Vision & Values
At our school we strive to:
- provide a happy, friendly and safe environment in which each child can develop and learn at a rate appropriate to their ability, maximising their full potential
- help children develop lively enquiring minds, giving them the ability to question, discuss and become active confident learners
- provide an inclusive ethos so that pupils respect themselves and others
- help each child develop knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to prepare for life in an ever changing world
We aim to provide your child with a broad, balanced, stimulating and challenging education. The emphasis will always be on the quality of teaching and learning within a caring, happy ethos and environment. We place great importance on the parent-child-school partnership. We expect that you will want to become fully involved in your child’s education. You will always be made to feel welcome whatever the nature of your visit.
As parents you will expect much of us, and rightly so. We will encourage your child to experience the joy of learning. We insist that all members of the school community show respect for each other and are able to take pride in their own achievements and those of others. We will always strive to celebrate those achievements.
We are proud of our school and feel confident that your child will respond to the dedication and expertise of its staff. Our aim is that your child will leave us as a more caring, more knowledgeable, more 'thinking' and more self-assured young person.
We work to achieve our school values by:
- Fostering an ethos of respect and encouragement
- Celebrating and valuing success
- Using praise and rewards
- Recognising children’s strengths and building on them
- Identifying the needs of every child
- Providing a stimulating well resourced environment
- Using ongoing assessment and evaluation strategies